As well as media training, Goodwork provides Crisis Communications workshops for managers and staff in all sectors. Knowing how to communicate clearly and simply in a crisis is critical to protecting your organisation’s good name. When things go wrong and you find yourself under the media spotlight, you have to act quickly to get your side of the story across. Your reputation and brand is at stake, so the way you deal with journalists and manage your message to the public is a key skill you can’t afford to be without.
Our one-day Crisis Communications course offers you practical tips to help you prepare for the unexpected emergency. It shows you:
- how to create a crisis plan.
- how to speak to the media in a clear, confident and consistent way.
- how to deal with negative media.
- how to develop and evaluate a media strategy.
- how to perform well in interviews and take control at news conferences.
- how to use Social Media to mobilise support.
We provide practical experience of interviews both on and off camera, playback and expert feedback. We offer the following options:
- one-day workshops for up to six people.
- half-day workshops for up to four people.
- half-day, or one-day individual coaching sessions.
We run several of these courses throughout the year.